Sunday, June 14, 2009

Two weeks to D-Day!

I can't believe they're going to make us run 13.2 miles in a few days. Gah!

I was practicing my running with my wife and I noticed an interesting tendency. There are many many groups running in the Seattle Rock and Roll. Over 25,000 people! So, we're just one of many groups you'll run into practicing.

So , what goes through a TNT ( my group) person, when they see another person or group from , say Brain Cancer, or the Breast cancer society?

You do what humans do, you berate the other group:

" Oh, those breast cancer people actuallly walk the entire time.."

"I heard that those brain cancer types really don't have to raise any money like we do..."

" Oh brother, its those slow-as-snails "restless leg syndrome" people. You think they'd be faster!"

Of course this dialog is fictional (for the most part), but its amazing isn't it , how a bunch of do-gooders actually get clique-ish for no apparent reason other than their logo is different.

And, maybe, they are a bit slower/less-cool.

;)



No comments:

Post a Comment